Wednesday, December 16, 2009

L is for literature...


JCB has been hosting the most wonderful book week! In her honor, I am posting this detail of a librarian and her books from a sampler I finished in the summer of 2007. Whether gardening, design, biography or children's literature is your passion, her guest posters have wonderful recommendations. It's always the perfect time to discover a new book.

Despite all of the shopping, addressing, wrapping, decorating, and baking I have been doing in the past few weeks, I have found a few moments for Sanctuary and have nervously tackled the hemstitching. Here is a sneak peek:


Snipping and pulling out those threads is a terrifying experience, but adds a much-needed adreneline rush to what is normally such a sedate activity. I'll be back soon with pictures of the finished product! The new year will bring Blackbird stockings, plus a mystery project (meaning, it's a mystery even to me!) based on some recent inspiration.

Design credit: L is for Librarian by The Victoria Sampler

2 comments:

  1. Both the sneak peek and the Librarian pics are wonderful! I think I would have heart failure at having to snip the threads on a big sampler. It's bad enough on a needle roll! I bet the end result is worth it, though. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful! Stitching together Happy New Year wishes just for you!

    ReplyDelete